Tuesday 26 March 2024

Why I'm writing this

    Two things happened to convince me to write about the articles and votes in Brookline Town Meeting. My neighbor wrote a blog that did exactly this when he served a decade ago. Reading it gave me a sense of what to expect, but I started to see why writing one of my own  made sense when the League of Women Voters asked, "What should your responsibility be to your precinct and how will you communicate and engage with your constituents?" I'm hoping that writing a blog like that gives me a space to be accountable and to shape my ideas. I hope to get through the articles that will be addressed in the next Town Meeting by the election. You'll be able to see how I do.

    This is also a good time to express my gratitude for the candidate questionnaires which give me a space to share my ideas and ideals with interested voters. These questionnaires are varied, and instructional. When there were nuanced issues or contested elections on the ballot, the guides produced by these organizations formed the basis for the choices I made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment